Mobile App Development Advantages To Travel & Tourism Business
Travel & Tourism industry is a huge sector with 6.3 Trillion dollar per year as per the latest industry statistics. This success is due to united contribution of both:The Travel & Tourism Industry & The Mobile App Industry. Thence, with this continued partnership as Mobile Travel industry both the sectors have a huge field to hit grand slams in coming future too. Gone are days when people used to travel around the world with maps, compasses, guidebooks and bizarre printed stuffs for directions or route info. Now, all they can do is, have a travel mobile app which encompasses all the travel & tourism tools required to make use of when traveling. This proves that the kinship between travel and technology has become stronger. Therefore, the word Travel is broadly connected with Mobility now. Isn't it? But..
HOW TRAVEL MOBILE APPLICATIONS ARE USEFUL TO TOURISM INDUSTRY?Mobile applications are increasing the business of Travel Industry to a large extent by helping travelers & tourists, get their travel arrangements done on finger tips. The Travel & Tourism Mobile Apps help all its users, be it a business traveler or a leisure traveler with travel planning, finding travel agents/guides, booking tickets, hotel reservation, route mapping, travel updates, security information(during emergency), oversees banking so on and so forth. Travel mobile apps offer end to end solutions for all the travel and tourism requirements. Check out the stats regarding Travel & Tourism Apps usage for a bigger picture.
Statistics: How Tourists Use Mobile Apps While Travelling
- Travel & Tourism related apps rank as the 7th most downloaded category of apps.
- 85% of leisure travelers make use of their smartphone while abroad.
- 72% post vacations photos on a social network
- 30% make use of mobile apps to find hotel deals.
- 46% check in to a location while on Holiday
- 15% downloaded mobile apps specifically for the forth coming vacations/holidays.
- 29% of travelers have used mobile apps to find flight deals
Other Purposes Tourists Use Travel Mobile Apps For
- Check Weather – 55.8%
- Use map features – 49.1%
- Search Restaurant – 62.1%
- Use GPS For Directions – 48.1%
- Search Hotel – 46%
- Search Search activities and attractions – 33.3%
- Check in prior to flight – 23.9%
- Buy Tickets – 8.1%
- Look For Public Transportation – 12.6%
- Look For Shopping –36.1%
- Search For Hotel – 11.2%